Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday Night Soups

For the past several weeks, I've been making a different, low calorie soup on Sunday nights. I think this is going to become a tradition for us. What I love about making Sunday night a soup night: 1. Easy and quick recipes are easy to find, 2. My ideas for low calorie, veggie packed, delicious soups are endless. 3. There are always plenty of leftovers for lunches. Tonight's soup was 7 Ingredient Chicken Fiesta Soup ~ a new recipe that one of my buddies at Weight Watchers shared with me. I'm not sure of the exact nutritional information, but I do know that it is 2 WW points per serving(1 cup = 1 serving).

7 Ingredient Chicken Fiesta Soup

1 can chicken breast, drained
1 can refried beans
1 can black beans, drained
1 can corn, undrained
1 can Rotel
1 1/2 cups salsa
1 can chicken broth

Mix together all ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes.

Garnish Idea:
1 tbsp reduced fat sour cream
2 tbsp 2% shredded cheddar
Cut several flour tortillas into strips. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment