Thursday, January 14, 2010

Best Black Bean Soup


This is a very simple, easy, and filling soup. The flavor of this soup reminds me of eating tacos. A nurse gave me this recipe when I was visiting with my grandma in the hospital last August. Kind of a strange place to come by a recipe, I know. =) Nutritional Information: 135 Calories, 1.7 g. Fat, 8.4 g. Fiber, 9.5 g. Protein (excluding garnish).



2 (15 oz) cans black beans, undrained

1 1/2 cups chicken broth

1 cup salsa

1 tablespoon chili powder

1 teaspoon cumin


Garnish:


reduced fat sour cream

2% shredded cheddar

chopped cilantro

crushed tortilla chips


Process 1 can black beans with food processor or imersion blender. In large saucepan, combine processed beans, remaining black beans, chicken broth, salsa, and spices. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Top each bowl of soup with 1 tbsp sour cream, then sprinkle with cheddar, cilantro, and chips.


No comments:

Post a Comment